These babies are for real! It’s like I was transported back to child-hood with this flavor combo. PB + J always holds a special place in my heart. Um…move on to the recipe?
PB + J Breakfast Bars
1/2 C dried blueberries
1/2 C dried dates
1/4 C agave nectar
1/4 C peanut butter (I used Trader Joe’s unsalted creamy PB)
1 C roasted nuts or seeds (I used sliced almonds)
1 1/2 C toasted oats
Vanilla paste, to taste
1 – 2 t. spirulina
1. Process dried dates and blueberries in food processor until a paste is formed.
2. Toast oats. This can usually be done at 350 degrees for about 10 – 15 minutes (just watch the oats so they dont burn)
3. Put dried fruit paste, nuts/seeds, vanilla paste and oats in a bowl.
4. Warm the peanut butter and agave over low heat. Once melted, pour in bowl. Mix together.
5. Put the bars in a pan and refrigerate to set up. In about an hour you can cut them and store them individually.