These things are seriously addicting and so easy to eat at any time of the day! I was surprised at the flavor and texture of these healthy black bean brownies.
Black Bean Brownies with Peanut Butter Swirl
(Adapted from here)
Makes 12-16 Brownies
Black Bean Brownie Ingredients:
1 Can Black Beans (540 mL)
1/4 Cup Eggwhites (or 3 Eggs in total)
1/3 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
1/2 Cup Natural Cocoa Powder
1/4 Tsp Sea Salt
2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1/4 Cup Agave, Honey or Maple Syrup
2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
1 1/2 Tsp Instant Espresso
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1/4 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips (didnt add these, but added walnuts instead, you could add both or none)
Peanut Butter Swirl Ingredients:
1/3 Cup Peanut Butter
1 Tbsp Agave (Maple Syrup, Stevia or Honey)
Pinch of Salt
Dash of Vanilla Extract
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
- Place all black bean brownie ingredients into your food processor and blend until smooth.
- Spray an 8×8 baking dish with a healthy, non-stick cooking spray.
- Evenly spread batter into baking dish.
- On your stove-top melt peanut butter swirl ingredients and mix.
- Dollop peanut butter swirl mixture with a spoon spaced out about an inch from each other onto the brownie batter.
- Pull a knife back and forth through the batter creating your swirls.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes.
- *Ovens vary so your discretion is needed. You will know your brownies are baked when the top becomes firm and the brownies pull away from the sides of the dish.
- Sticking a tooth pick in the middle and pulling it out clean will ensure your brownies are baked fully.
- Remove from oven when baked and let set in the baking dish for about 10 minutes.
- Gently cut brownies, serve and enjoy!
Your life will be changed after trying these brownies!!!