Matcha green tea powder!
Nutritional Value – 1 cup matcha tea = 10 cups of green tea
Matcha is unique to Japan, used as a drinking tea or ingredient in recipes. Macha does contain caffeine.
Taste – Umami. Complex. Alluring. Bitter. Misunderstood. “The intensity of the experience compares to one’s first taste of dark chocolate or red wine.”
Health Benefits – Rich in nutrients, antioxidants, fiber, and chlorophyll. L-theanine – relaxes the mind.
Store – Air tight container in the fridge. Use within 2 – 4 weeks.
Try using macha in this recipe:
MATCHA COCOA NIB BROWNIES
(makes 12 – 15 brownies)
Scant 1 C Almonds
1/4 C + 1 T Cocoa Nibs
7 Medjol Dates
Pinch of salt
1 T Vanilla Extract
3 T Coconut Butter
1/4 C Raw Honey
1/2 C Cocoa Powder
3 T Rishi Matcha Powder, plus more for the coating
1. Process the almonds into fine meal.
2. Add everything else and process……keep processing…..and…..were done.
3. Line a square pan with plastic wrap for easy removal.
4. Add brownie dough to the pan and flatten out.
5.Freeze for 1 hour.
6. Cut into squares. Dust with matcha.
7. Eat up!